Robotics for children
What is the use of robotics? What results can a child achieve? What does robotics teach? Portal “Robomanuals” prepared answers to these questions.
Useful robotics skills can be
structure in three directions:
Mastering the principles of the simplest mechanisms. Calculation of gear ratio. Understanding the principle of a robot device as a cybernetic system. Using the simplest controls to control the robot. The ability to build basic models of robots and improve them to perform a specific task. Programming skills in a graphical environment.
– formation of design skills;
– study of the ev3 programming environment;
– training in working with sensor signal recording systems, understanding feedback principles;
– training in the vision of a technical and software solution of an idea with the implementation of a functioning model;
Changes in the development of fine motor skills, attentiveness, accuracy and peculiarities of thinking of the designer-inventor are manifested in independent tasks in mechanics. The construction of a gearbox with a given gear ratio and more complex structures of many small parts is a regular test of the skills acquired.
– development of the ability to adequately algorithmize the tasks set, to combine the well-known algorithms of activity in situations that do not imply the standard application of one of them;
– development of creative abilities and logical thinking;
– expanding the polytechnic outlook of children;
– development of the ability to express their thoughts in a logical sequence, to defend their point of view, analyze the situation and independently find answers to questions through logical reasoning;
– development of vocational orientation in engineering and technical specialties;
– development of the ability to see the final result of their work, to compare it with the original idea;
The educational result of classes in robotics can be considered achieved if students show a desire for independent work, improvement of well-known models and algorithms, and creation of creative projects. Participation in scientific conferences for schoolchildren, open competitions of robots, and simply free creativity largely demonstrate and consolidate it. In addition, the simple but important result will be the regular maintenance of your workplace and the designer in order, which in itself is not easy.
– education of independence, accuracy and care in work;
– fostering communication skills in a group.
robotics for children
Robotics for children will help achieve the following results:
– the formation of cognitive interests, intellectual and creative abilities of students;
– the formation of a holistic worldview corresponding to the current level of development of science and technology;
– the development of care, perseverance, dedication, ability to overcome difficulties – the qualities are very important in the practical activities of any person;
– the development of independence of judgment, independence and non-standard thinking;
– independence in the acquisition of new knowledge and skills;
– willingness to choose a life path in accordance with their own interests and opportunities;
– manifestation of technical and technological thinking in the organization of their activities;
– motivation of educational activities on the basis of a student-centered approach;
– the formation of value relations to each other, teacher, authors of discoveries and inventions, learning outcomes;
– formation of communicative competence in the process of project, educational and research, game activity.
– mastering the components of research and project activities: the ability to see the problem, raise questions, put forward hypotheses, give definitions to concepts, classify, observe, conduct experiments, draw conclusions and conclusions, structure the material, explain, prove, protect their ideas;
– the ability to independently determine the goals of their learning, set and formulate for themselves new tasks in learning and cognitive activity;
– mastering the basics of self-control, self-assessment, decision-making and the implementation of informed choice in educational and cognitive activity;
– the ability to create, apply and transform signs and symbols, models and schemes for solving educational and cognitive tasks;
– the development of monologue and dialogical speech, the ability to express one’s thoughts, the ability to listen to the interlocutor, to understand his point of view, to recognize the right of another person to a different opinion;
– the formation of skills to work in a group with the implementation of various social roles, to represent and defend their views and beliefs, to lead the discussion;
– a combination of well-known algorithms in situations that do not involve the standard application of one of them;
– search for new solutions to a technical or organizational problem;
– independent organization and execution of various creative works on the creation of technical products;
– manifestation of an innovative approach to solving educational and practical problems in the process of product modeling or technological process;
– application of general scientific knowledge in the subjects of the natural science and mathematical cycle in the process of preparing and implementing technological processes;
– the formation and development of competence in the use of information and communication technologies.
– the use of special terms;
– the ability to design mechanisms for the transformation of motion;
– the ability to design models using mechanical transmission, gearboxes;
– the ability to design mobile robots using various systems of movement;
– the ability to program the ev3 controller and sensor systems;
– the ability to create linear algorithms for controlling the executors and to write them in the chosen programming language;
– the ability to use logical values, operations and expressions with them;
– the ability to formally perform the algorithms described using the structures of branching (conditional operators) and repetition (cycles), auxiliary algorithms, simple and tabular values; ability to create and execute programs for solving simple algorithmic problems in the chosen programming environment;
– the ability to use ready-made computer programs and services in the chosen specialization, the ability to work with descriptions of programs and services;
– the formation of skills to choose how to present data, depending on the task;
– rational use of educational and additional technical and technological information for the design and creation of robots and robotic systems;
– possession of algorithms and methods for solving organizational and technical problems;
– possession of reading methods and methods of graphical presentation of technical, technological and instructive information;
– possession of forms of teaching, research, design, gaming activities;
– process planning in the process of creating robots and robotic systems.
robotics for children
Additionally, several other development vectors can be noted:
– the ability to independently search for, analyze and select the necessary information, to organize, transform, save and transmit it using information technologies.
– improve the skills of working in a group, possession of various social roles in a team.
Competences of personal self-improvement:
– are aimed at mastering the methods of physical, spiritual and intellectual self-development, emotional self-regulation and self-support.
– master the skills of working with various sources of information: textbooks, books, reference books, the Internet.
– to master the skills of using information devices: a mobile phone, a computer.
– learn how to use for solving educational problems ICT: Internet, MINDSTORMS ev3 environment.
– learn to navigate the information received, to be able to highlight the main and necessary in it.
“Robomanuals” tried to openly and extensively answer the questions posed. Our instructions contribute to the versatile and harmonious development of the child’s personality, the disclosure of creative abilities, and the solution of the tasks of labor, moral and aesthetic education.
robotics for children